Wednesday, April 24, 2013

When Life Happens

I realize that it has been well over a year since I've utilized this blog. Life happened- I guess that's my only excuse.  Life happened and I just didn't have the time to write.  Now that things have started slowing down (and that I'm done with my Ed.S degree), I will start blogging more frequently.  I started looking through my pictures on my phone and my computer. As I did so, I began re-living this past year and the journey it has taken us on. This past year had been a whirlwind of fun, laughter, hardships, tears, and growth.  To say this past year has been easy would be an outright lie.  But, the growth and maturity that has occurred in our individual lives and in our marriage together is tremendous...truly a work of God. So, although it's been very difficult, I can't help but be thankful for our life story that Jesus is writing (for HIS glory).  Jesus has proven himself trustworthy in our lives!  Here's a look at our past year (ish) in pictures.  I can't believe the memories we've made and things we've gotten to be a part of and experience.  Hopefully this will catch you up with the Rohan's :)


                   
Christmas 2011 at the parsonage in Bremen 
                                                
 1st ever D-Now at BFUMC
60 students worshiping Jesus


Ran my first half marathon in February 2011
Mercedes Benz half marathon in Birmingham, AL
Jr./Sr. Spring Break Beach Trip to St. Pete Beach, FL

     

BMS state championship track meet 2012





watched our seniors in our youth group graduate from BHS

                 
Sr. Walk for our youth at Prom                 BMS 8th grade Study Cade Trip              


Watched my sisters last ever college softball
game at Furman University



My baby sister graduated college from the 3rd most
 prestigious college in the nation - Furman University!

Took some of our youth group to Lake Wedowee for Little Wow retreat


    
Won another gold medal in volleyball for the Special Olympics
 
Ryan and I competed in our first 
Muddy Buddy Bike and Run Race- SO fun!
It's a 7-8 mile run/bike/obstacle race you complete as a team.


  
Enjoyed another Rohan family vacation in Gatlinburg, TN

 
We were able to attend 6 weddings this summer! 
 Here's Joey and Kayla McLaughlin on their special day!

 
Lindsey and Aaron's wedding- love and miss these ladies!

Ran another Peachtree Road Race (10K) in Atlanta, GA.  Happy 4th of July! 


Ryan and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary
by taking a trip to Florida together. 

First deep sea fishing experience for me!

We took an awesome group of students to Big Stuf camp in Florida.

      
Last Sunday night of youth group at BFUMC for these senior girls!

 
Ryan played softball as a sponsor in the Special Olympics GA.

This was our first FCA meeting at BMS this school year-
85 students crammed in my classroom! 

    
 

Ran the Habitat for Humanity 5k with Ryan, my brother, and my sister

Our youth group held it's 2nd Annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser for our youth at BFUMC- raised $11,000!
  
Ran the Gobble Jog 5k in Marietta, GA with my sis!


 
Celebrated another Thanksgiving with my amazing family- so thankful!

  

Ryan and I moved from Bremen to Villa Rica, GA. 
Allie Bama is posing in front of our new house!

Hanging out with this amazing group of students at our going away party
before Ryan started his new job as the middle school pastor at First Baptist Douglasville



Love us some Logo!


Decorating our house for Christmas!


  
Celebrating Christmas day with my family and the Witt's at my parents house


2012 Christmas family photo


Annual tradition for New Year's Eve- the Chickfila Bowl!

 
First ever middle school service at First Baptist Douglasville

  
Allie Bama celebrating another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
Roll Tide!

 
Picking up our bags for our first marathon!

 
Such a sweet moment!  My brother and I ran together for our first full marathon.
Here we are crossing the finish line at 3 hours and 42 minutes! 
Charleston Marathon- 26.2 miles baby!
]
Celebrating this girl's birthday in downtown Charleston, SC. 
Happy Birthday seester!

 
boat ride view of the Charleston bridge with my family

D-Now at First Baptist Douglasville- 1,000 students here for Jesus!

enjoying my 4th year coaching track (the distance runners)
for Bremen Middle School

 
Celebrating the many medals and PR's earned at our
middle school championship track meet 2013

BMS won the state track meet!  First year ever to do so!

And this is just a fun recent one of Ryan and me- love this man!

















No comments:

Post a Comment