Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wedding Bliss



My family, Ryan, and I hosted a wedding shower for our very dear friends Andrew and Amy.  They are getting married this June and we wanted to celebrate their upcoming special day by fellowshipping with friends and showering them with gifts that will help get them off to a comfortable start.   Here are a few photos from the shower...







Words can’t express how excited I am for their wedding.  However, their wedding is enormously secondary to the excitement I have for the start of their marriage journey!  Here's why I'm excited...
Marriage is quite the “teacher”.  It teaches you a lot about life and even more about each other. I always heard that marriage was a reflection of Gods relationship with us but I never understood that concept until I said “I Do”.   It’s about choosing everyday to love someone despite what they did yesterday, today, or what they might do tomorrow. 
Ryan has taught me how to put my desires aside and do what is best for our marriage.  He has taught me how to enjoy every moment even if it wasn't exactly as I expected or planned for it to be, and he has taught me that devotion can break even the most stubborn (although I am still learning this).  Marriage forces you to be humbled and sacrificial.  And, it paints a more clear picture of Christ's love and grace for us with every passing day. 
I'm eager for Andrew and Amy's marriage journey to start because I'm confident that the Lord is going to grow them closer to one another and closer to Him through their union.  As they pack up and move states away, I can't wait to see how they rely on one another and start their own family under His provision and leading.  More than that, I can't wait to see how they bring people to Jesus through their marriage and ministry together.  There's nothing more beautiful than multiplying His kindgom for His glory through the act of love. 

Aren't they precious?

We love you Andrew and Amy and we can't wait to rejoice with y'all on your big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment